Art and design is an exercise in problem-solving and I feel grateful for the way that my varied professional experiences and education have given me a broad perspective on solving problems.
• 2D Design and Layout
• Web Site Design
• User Accessibility Design
• Image Manipulation
• Virtual World Content Creation
• 3D Design and Modeling
• Virtual World Content Creation
• 2D and 3D Animation and Rigging
• Audio/Video Editing & Mixing
• Proofing and Quality Control
• Exemplary Customer Service
• Project Management
Illustrator | Photoshop | Indesign | Lightroom | After Effects | WordPress | Blender | Final Cut Pro | Logic Pro | Motion Millumin | Procreate | Microsoft (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint) | Google (Sheets, Docs, & Slides) | Mac OS | Windows OS
Master of Fine Arts (MFA); Intermedia
University of Maine, Orono Maine, Completion Expected in December 2023
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA); Concentration in Sculpture & Printmaking with Minor Art History
University of Maine, Orono Maine, 2018
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Advertising & Commercial Art
Genesee Community College, Batavia New York
University of Maine, New Media, Orono, Maine 2021 – 2023
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Conducted New Media Capstone classes of 20 + student in conjunction with instructor and coordinated one on one meetings with each student via Zoom and physical meetings using Google Sheets and calendly.com.
- Coordinated with instructor to deliver detailed feedback to 25+ students on projects, focusing on enhancing the impact of presentations, message clarity, and the overall visual design; instrumental in fostering continuous improvement and achieving project excellence.
- Acted as instructor of record for one month managing entire class while instructor was away for illness.
Church of Universal Fellowship, Orono, Maine 2021 – 2023
Audio Video Technician
- Managed and operated audio and video of Sunday services for in person guest and remote quest via Zoom for an audience of 60 to 100 congregation members.
- Developed new digital based audio and video equipment and software configuration that works effectively with a preexisting audio system while staying within a designated tight $6,000 budget.
University of Maine, Printmaking Studio Tech, Orono, Maine 2016 – 2020
Printmaking Studio Technician
- Guided students in managing printmaking projects, leading to exceptional project outcomes and positive feedback.
- Prepared and presented lessons for 15 to 20 students each semester on combining digital tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, laser cutters and inkjet printers with traditional analog printmaking techniques.
- Supervised 3-5 work-study students in daily tasks and scheduling.
- Adhered to OSHA regulations for hazardous material list and disposal by collaborating with university health and safety and achieved 100% compliance and ensuring factually and student safety throughout all semesters.
- Optimized supply and tool inventories through retail merchandising expertise, resulting in nearly 100% availability of supplies and tools.
Church of Universal Fellowship, Orono, Maine 2013 – 2016
- Managed and improved equipment and property care for a large hybrid historical-modern building, enhancing member experiences in a multi-use facility hosting weekly community and church events.
- Advised property committee and trustees on critical maintenance initiatives and projects.
LL Bean Outlet Store, Ellsworth, Maine 2007 – 2013
Assistant Store Manager
- Orchestrated operations and staffing with a leadership team of 4-5 and associate team of 25-40 in a tourist driven market of $4M+ a year.
- Steered the store to extraordinary results as interim manager, achieving record-breaking sales performance, maintaining strict budgetary control, and garnering a record breaking 100% employee satisfaction rating.
University of Maine, COUGAR, Maine, 2022
University of Maine, IMRC, Orono, Maine, 2018 – 2019
Salmon Hills, Redfield, New York, 2005 – 2007
Managing Director and Graphic Artist
American Screen Printing, Cicero, New York, 2001 – 2005
Promotion Products, Cicero, New York • 4 years
Eagle Newspaper, Syracuse, New York • 2 years
Champion Products, Perry, New York • 3 years
University of Maine Masters of Fine Arts Grants
Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Fall 2020
University of Maine Art Exhibition
Dean’s Award 2018
CQ29 Competition Winners
Creative Quarterly, Issued 29
Elizabeth Graves Fine Arts Award
2016, 2017, 2018
All Smalls Group Exhibition
Group Exhibition - Rock and Art Shop - Bangor, Maine - 2014 - 2022
Graduate Symposium: Juried Exhibition
University of Maine - Bangor, Maine - 2019 and 2021
University of Maine - Bangor, Maine - 2020
Group Exhibition - University of Maine - Bangor, Maine - 2020
Multifarious with Parameters
Group Exhibition - Top of the Nine /University of Maine - Bangor, Maine - 2019
In the Studio as in Life
Group Exhibition - Danforth Gallery, University of Maine - Augusta, Maine - 2019
Group Exhibition - COESPACE / University of Maine - Bangor, Maine - 2018
Dean of Students’ Exhibition
University of Maine - Orono, Maine - 2018
Group Exhibition - University of Maine - Orono, Maine - 2017
Student Exhibition: Juried
Group Exhibition - University of Maine - Orono, Maine - 2015, 2016, 2017
Art Haus Gallery
Group Exhibition - Bangor, Maine - 2013, 2014
The Story of the Creative International Juried Exhibition
See| Exhibition Space - Long Island City - New York - 2013
Waterfalls Art Center
Group Exhibition - Belfast, Maine - 2010
The University of Maine Printmaking Program Student Example Collection
2016 and 2018
The University of Maine Printmaking Program National Association of Schools of Art and Design Presentation
Issue 28 - page 27 Fall 2012
The OCD Foundation of Michigan
Newsletter - Summer 2011
ISSUU Avenue Magazine
October 2011 pages 226 - 237 under pseudonym Alexx Fenstalker